Today after VBS we did some eye care for the kids who attended. There were about 40 in all. I've got two stories from it a sad one and a funny one. I'll start with the sad one. There was a boy there today that didn't do so well on his eye chart test he went upstairs afterward to get examined more closely by Dr. Pat. He was sent down one more time to double check the eye chart and didn't do much better. Dr. Pat decided that he needed glasses and found out that the kid had glasses once before, but the reason he didn't have glasses now was that his dad sold the boys glasses for a bottle of alcohol. Pat is going to make him two pairs, one that he can keep and bring home and one that will stay at school.
The funny story was about a little girl who did terrible on her eye chart. She did so bad that I was thinking that she didn't know her letters. So I figured just to make sure I brought her really close to the chart. When she got really close to the chart she easily rattled off each letter. Then I decided that she did indeed have bad eyes. She then went upstairs to see Pat but came right back down because Pat didn't believe that she did so bad on the test. Once again we sent her back upstairs with a failed test. So Dr. Pat came back down with her this time because he didn't quite believe it himself. Well he asked her for some letters and she wasn't able to see them once again. So Dr. Pat pulled out his special glasses and had her look at the letters again. This time with the special glasses she was able to read all the letters with ease. The glasses were the perfect match, another success for Dr. Pat. The only thing is these glasses were so special that they didn't have any lenses in them. Dr. Pat had learned from his experience that some little girls just like to have glasses for the accessory and she had fooled us all.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment