Today was our first day with the children. We meet them at the park where they were wanting for us with their big beautiful (beautiful) smiles. We started the day by giving all of them their shirts from Missouri. (see photo's) We sang in spanish Cristo me amo (Jesus Loves me) & we taught them "He's got the whole world in His hands" in english. Kevin told our bible story (in Spanish) from Genesis 1 & 2 "God made the world". We had four teams, that went from station to station to complete each task, coloring pages, getting your picture taken for Thursday craft, dodge ball & jump rope. Each one as fun as the next. The children are very well behaved & the teachers are wonderful to work with. The children walk from some distance to come to VBS. They eat every bite of food at snack time & lunch time, never asking can't we have something different or 'I don't like that". Some of the children wouldn't eat their whole sandwich, but carefully wrapped it up to take home to other family members. They love to play, smile, laugh, share, help each other, help us & are very thankful for each thing we did & for everything they were given to eat.
I can't help but be moved as I think of how little they have but how happy they are. They are being taught about Jesus & how he love's them. I think of how much we have & how little I am really doing to help the children, two days is just not enough! I am comforted by seeing how mush the teachers & leadership at Karois School care & love the children. They want them to learn about Jesus & learn how to live a full productive life. Our whole team was able to help at VBS & we had a great time singing & playing with the children. I thank God for the privilege of coming to Guatemala to serve him by teaching, playing, singing, hugging, jumping rope & laughing with his children.
Thank you to all my church family for your prayers & thank you to all my friends that support me all the time. I can't wait to share with all of you! Thank you for the encouraging cards & notes they mean more than you will ever know! Lisa Pierce
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for all you guys are doing for the kids!! Love hearing the updates!
ReplyDeleteEmily
Sounds like you guys are making a great impact with those kiddos. Keep hugging and playing. Also I can not find the pictures. The place where it says slideshow looks like it is from last year. Would love to see those pics. Still praying. Laurie
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're doing wonderful work Lisa! we love you and we're praying for you! I can't wait to hear more at Christmas time in Colorado. -Mike
ReplyDeleteGod is using you and the team to show his love to the children. I love you.
ReplyDeleteI love yo so much MOM!!!! You are such an amazing example of selflessness and humility!!
ReplyDelete