Sunday, October 25, 2009

1st Day of Work at the School



CONCRETE DAY--My favorite day! First day always seems to be the hardest, but it's the best...the hardest days bring about the most team building and bonding. Today we mixed concrete for the second floor of the school. We then formed an assembly line to pass heavy buckets of concrete from the mixing pile to the second floor...no small task! I will say, I will be happy if I never hear the word bote (bucket in Espanol) again. Our verse for today was Ephesians 2:8-10. Verse 10 especially weighed on my mind today - "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do"...perhaps the very anthem for missions. I am reminded today that God is global! He is everywhere all at once. I am honored to be in Guatemala taking part in just one of his many works. After 12 hours of mixing, loading, and passing concrete we are exhausted and ready to hit the showers. Hope all is well at home. Guatemala is beautiful, surrounded by markets, trees, and volcanos!

Natalie

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very productive day! Hope everyone is able to get a good night's rest. Send pictures when you can, so we can capture your "workmanship!"
    You all are in my thoughts and prayers,
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a successful week, team unity and that your team will be used by God-in ways seen and unseen.
    I do not envy you on the concrete work. I have done that before. Hope you all arent too sore to move today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning! Sounds like you have been hard at work!! We will be praying for endurance and strength for each of you!! Keep up the good work!!
    Strutton and Meyer Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Natalina...
    I was thinking we need to move some dirt around the house...by bote...:) I love hearing all the stories! Thanks for describing what it looks like there! Makes me feel like I am there!!! I miss ya! I pray God reveals Himself to you in a new way!!!
    love and prayers...
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete