Monday, October 26, 2009

Pure Joy


Today I realized why I am here. Yesterday, after a day of the extremely hard work, I thought why has God brought me here, what am I supposed to see through His eyes? The kids... that is why he sent me. The joy and love I saw in their faces today is something I will never forget. It is so pure and beautiful. Though they have very little, they are so still so full of joy. We in the United States are so blessed, but yet we do not radiate the joy that I see in these kids. I am so thankful for what God has shown me today and I can't wait to spend more time with these beautiful kids tomorrow. I am missing my family, but I am glad to be with my Gateway family here in Guatemala. Charla

1 comment:

  1. Hey Charla! I am thrilled that you responded to God's calling to go on this mission trip. It is inspiring for me to hear how you see God in the eyes of the children. That reminds me of Matthew 6:22 which says "The eye is the lamp of the body." May you continue to see the favor of God on your work!(Psalm 90:17) I look forward to hearing more of your stories when you get back home.

    Joey Butler
    Isaiah 40:31

    ReplyDelete