Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Servant's Heart

Good Morning from Antigua, Guatemala! I am up bright and early this morning, taking in all of the beautiful sounds and seeing God's beauty in nature. I was just writing about some things that have been weighing on my mind, and thought I'd blog about it. I absolutely have a passion for mission work, I would love to be a missionary. However, how often at home do we step outside our front door with that same mentality? How often do we look around our own communities and search for ways to serve? We come on these mission trips to take part in someone's vision for their community...which is so incredible to do and I would not trade it for anything! But do we have visions and servant hearts for our own communities? God has blessed us with comfortable roofs over our heads and schools for our children. Therefore, with those details already taken care of for us...shouldn't we have an extra edge to spend more time focusing on our hearts? I realize how blessed I am at home, and that God has given me a heart for serving. I need to remember to continue with my mission heart walking out my front door from day to day. Love and miss you all back home!

Natalie

4 comments:

  1. Hey Natalie! Thanks for the inspiring and challenging blog from Guatemala. We all need to take your advice and recognize that we enter a mission field every time we walk out the door of our house. May you experience the favor of God on your work! (Psalm 90:17)

    Joey
    Isaiah 40:31

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Natalie,
    Thanks for that encouragement and challenge! I pray your feeling well and that cough has vanished. Can't wait to hear your stories and see pictures when you get back!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie,
    Thanks for the reminder of God's blessing and focusing on our hearts. Here is a scripture vs. for everyone, 1 Thes. 5:18 "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." Reminds me of the mission trip to Mexico and how the people lived with so little. Hi Peggy, I have the whole Sunday school class praying for everyone.
    Susan Jackley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalina!!!
    Wow...I needed to be reminded of that challenge! Thank you for sharing your heart! I am praying for you and the entire team...I pray that God's presence overwhelms you and leads you each day...you are missed! Cant wait to hear all about it!!!
    ~Amy (roomie)

    ReplyDelete